Brisbane City Council will be implementing an extended bus timetable over the Christmas period, making it easier for people to take advantage of extended retail trading hours and free evening Christmas activities.
Deputy Mayor, Public and Active Transport Chairman Adrian Schrinner said Council would again fund extended public transport options for the week leading up to Christmas.
“Following last year’s successful trial of an extended bus timetable over the Christmas period, we will be offering additional late-night bus services again this year,” Cr Schrinner said.
Indooroopilly, Garden City, Carindale, Chermside and the CBD will all be serviced with additional bus trips from 21 to 23 December.
These extra services will cater to shoppers wishing to take advantage of midnight trading in the CBD and other major suburban shopping centres, as well as those who are out enjoying the array of Christmas festivities in the city, such as the City Hall Lights Spectacular.
The extended timetable information will be available on Council’s website and from Translink from early December.
Routes that are currently set to benefit from additional Christmas services include:
- 60 (Blue City Glider – Teneriffe Ferry to West End)
- 61 (Maroon City Glider – Stones Corner to Ashgrove)
- 100 (Forest Lake to City BUZ)
- 110 (Inala to City CityXpress)
- 111 (Eight Mile Plains to Roma Street BUZ)
- 120 (Garden City to City BUZ)
- 130 (Algester to City BUZ)
- 140 (Browns Plains to City BUZ)
- 150 (Browns Plains to City BUZ)
- 170 (Garden City via Newnham Rd to City CityXpress)
- 180 (Garden City to City BUZ)
- 196 (New Farm, Merthyr, to City to Fairfield Gardens BUZ
- 199 (New Farm, Teneriffe ferry, to City to West End)
- 200 (Carindale Heights to City BUZ)
- 220 (Wynnum to City CityXpress)
- 222 (Carindale to Roma Street BUZ)
- 325 (Boondall to City CityXpress)
- 330 (Bracken Ridge to City BUZ)
- 333 (Chermside to City BUZ)
- 340 (Carseldine to Woolloongabba BUZ)
- 345 (Aspley, Maundrell Terrace, to City BUZ)
- 385 (The Gap to City BUZ)
- 412 (St Lucia & University of Queensland to City via Toowong BUZ)
- 425 (Chapel Hill to City CityXpress)
- 444 (Moggill to City BUZ)
- 450 (Riverhills/Mt Ommaney to City CityXpress)
- 460 (Heathwood to City CityXpress)