Highlights of this $3 billion budget include:
- $16 million to develop the Brisbane Metro Subway System Business Case in the coming year
- $4.6 million for continued support of Brisbane’s State Emergency Services (SES), to aid our city’s storm prepared-ness and boost depot capacity with a new training facility in Morningside
- $9.3 million for upgrades of river’s edge facilities over the next four years including public mooring facilities, fishing platforms, public pontoons and boat ramp facilities
- $10.3 million to enhance library services in 16/17 with a new pop-up outdoor library and extended Saturday opening hours
- $18.3 million to continue implementing the recommendations of the Brisbane 2022 New World City Action Plan
- $3.3 million for four new large kids aqua parks, to be built over the next three years.